Skip to main content

Fred Moten: "Blackness and Nonperformance"


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Edouard Glissant - Poetics of Relation (some concepts)

Errantry (errance) 18- errantry does not proceed from renunciation nor from frustration regarding a supposedly deteriorated (deterritorialized) situation of origin; it is not a resolute act of rejection or an uncontrolled impulse of abandonment. - The thought of errantry is a poetics, which always infers that at some moment it is told. The tale of errantry is the tale of Relation. 21- The thinking of errancy conceives of totality but willingly renounces any claims to sum it up or possess it. 20- The thought of errantry is not apolitical nor is it inconsistent with the will to identity, which is, after all, nothing other than the search for a freedom within particular surroundings. Rhizomatic thought / rhizome 18- the rhizome- prompting the knowledge that identity is no longer completely within the root but also in Relation. Poetics of Relation 11- each and every identity is extended through a relationship with the Other 20- in the poetics of Relation, one who is erra

My new friend

Loneliness is a feeling that's been following me around a lot this semester. What are friends? I thought I knew but I must have been wrong. It's funny how people you've worked with, laughed with, engaged with, seem to forget who you are once you've decided to be true to yourself. What are they afraid of? What has changed? How can gender affect even the most platonic of University friendships?  "I know what it feels like to be stared at for my appearance", she said to me. "My name's Kenisha. What's yours?" I needed a few seconds to realise she was talking to me. Nobody talks to me. Even those who used to. "Didn't we take a class together last fall?" She was right. But we never talked then. So there we were, sipping tea outside the library building. "What you said earlier, were you refering to the color of your skin?", I asked. She smiled. "I was refering to my blackness, yes. I've seen you sitting alo